Oct 9, 2007

My new toy..

It has been long since I last stepped my foot in Lowyat. The traffic there was one of the reason for being so. But last weekend I was there on a buy-or-die mission to get myself a laptop that allow me to play most if not all the latest games. And I got one.

It's Acer's new pride so called the Gemstone. Acer has announced new specs for this laptop generously giving 250GB harddisk with the same retail price. Yet there's only 1 small problem. All the Acer ads states that it comes with Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT but the stocks that came from the manufacturer was equipped with the GS version. Stupid Acer.

Wandering the floors of Lowyat, I managed to get a glimpse on a unit that had GT with same specs as advertised. I had the reseller to check their inventory if they have anymore of the that same unit. Unfortunate they haven't. With a slight discount and an extra 1GB RAM I decided to buy the display as I'm quite satisfied after inspecting it and the rest is history. I reckon I was the last to get my hand on the GT version (I walk across the same store again and they had a new display unit with GS).

So my official apology for my lovely wife. I love you so much but it's GAMING TIME! Yeahaaa!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home